Day 1- Moshi Hotel
Met upon arrival at the Kilimanjaro International Airport (K.I.A) and transferred to Hotel in Moshi for dinner and overnight. In the evening you will meet your guides and you will be briefed on Mt Kilimanjaro’s climb.
Day 2- Machame Huts
Early breakfast, transfer to Machame gate (2000m) for registration. The porters will prepare and pack the supplies and your equipment for the hike. You will receive a lunch pack. Climb through rain forest to the ridge between the Weru Weru stream and the Makoa until the trailhead is reached. Lunch and a short rest then continue through the narrow forest path which continues to Machame Huts (3000m) for dinner and overnight.
Day 3- Shira Hut
Breakfast, steep ascend through the grassy moorlands. After 3 – 4 hours the trail goes west into a gorge. A short break for lunch and a deserved rest and then ascend to Shira Hut (3800m) on the Shira Plateau. Dinner and overnight at the Shira hut.
Day 4 -Barranco Hut
Proceed to Kibo Peak , then turn southwards just before reaching the Lava outcrop beyond which the Lava tower Hut is located. Crossing several ridges and valleys, to arrive at the lip of the great Barranco. Lunch and a short rest will be organized half way. Dinner and overnight at the Barranco Hut at (3900m).
Day 5- Barafu Hut
Descend into the Gorge then climb its vertical Eastern wall, walk beneath Kibo’s Southern ice field. Lunch and a short rest and then continue with the path descending into the shallow Karanga valley (last water) crossing Lava ridge to the Barafu Hut at (4600m) for dinner and overnight.
Day 6- Mweka Hut
After midnight, ascent through boulder-strewn ridge and a gap between the Rebmann and Ratzel Claciers to arrive at the rim, near Stella point about midway between Gilman’s point and Uhuru. You then proceed to Uhuru Peak at (5895m). After your summit photo, you then descend to Mweka Hut (3000m) for dinner and overnight.
Day 7- Moshi Hotel
After breakfast, the final leg that takes about 2 hours starts heading for Mweka gate (1500m). Transfer to a Moshi Hotel dinner and overnight.
Day 8- Depart
Transfer to Kilimanjaro International Airport for your flight or by shuttle to Nairobi , or to your next safari destination.
Price – US$ 1800
- Park fees, camping fees, rescue fees
- Camping Equipment: Four-season tents, sleeping mats, and sleeping bags
- Guide, assistant guides, cooks and porters
- Three meals daily
- Water: Day 1, we provide 1.5 liters of Bottled Mineral Water; Day 2 until the end of the climb, we provide Katalyn filtered water
- Fair wages for porters and guides approved by Kilimanjaro National Park, Kilimanjaro Porters Assistance Project as well as Tanzanian Association of Tour Operators
- Items of a personal nature
- Airport transfer
- Gamov Bag is extra
- Portable oxygen tank is extra
- Portable manual flush toilet is extra
- Local Tanzanian Mountaineering Doctor for hire